Leisure Center Admission Policies
Swimming Pool Policies
- Children under 16 years must have adult supervision to use the pool.
- Children aged 8 yrs & under must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
- Lifeguards cannot and should not be expected to replace the care and supervision of a parent.
- Ratio of 1 adult to 2 children aged 8 and under applies.
- Children’s hours are 7am – 7pm every day.
- Hats must be worn in the water.
- Flip Flops are recommended as floor area gets slippery.
- Children under 16 years are not permitted in the Gym Area.
- Swim Nappies must be worn by all infants up to the age of 3 years.
- Boys over 8 years are not permitted in the Ladies Dressing Room & Girls over 8 years are not permitted in the Mens Dressing Room.
- Management reserves the right of admission and has absolute right to remove any guest or member at any time.
- Station House Leisure Centre does not accept any liability for any loss or injury in or around the building.
- Please note that the use of mobile phones, cameras, camcorders or any other recording equipment are strictly prohibited throughout the environs of the Leisure Centre. Your co-operation on this matter is greatly appreciated.
- Only patrons 16 years of age or older are eligible to use the gym.
- For safety reasons, children are NOT permitted in this area.
- Everyone must consult with an instructor before using any of the gym equipment.
- Complete your Health Status Questionnaire and consult with an instructor before beginning a Fitness Programme.
- Proper attire, including supportive footwear, must be worn while training in the gym.
- To be considerate to fellow Members, and in the interest of hygiene, please carry a towel while training, and wipe down each machine after use.
- If you are feeling unwell or taking medication, DO NOT TRAIN, consult your G.P.
- At the sign of any chest pain or pressure, faintness or irregular heartbeat while exercising – Stop – and consult your instructor and a G.P.
- If in doubt about any aspect of your training, do not hesitate to consult an instructor. They are here to help!
- The gym must be vacated 15 minutes before closing time to allow sufficient time for showering.
- Please replace weights after use
- Please do not use hand weights on the Cardio Equipment.
- For your comfort and the comfort of others using the facilities you are advised that the use of mobile phones, cameras, camcorders or any other recording equipment are strictly prohibited throughout the environs of the the leisure centre at all times. Your co-operation on this is greatly appreciated.
Railway Kids Club Admission Policies
- Children must be aged 6+ to attend Railway Kids Club. Children under the age of 6 are not covered by Tusla regulations or insurance.
- Railway Kids Club caters solely to guests of the Clifden Station House Hotel & Apartments
- All children attending Railway Kids Club must be pre-registered with a signed declaration from a parent or guardian.
- Parents/Guardians may only take photos of their own children.
- Any illnesses or allergies must be disclosed prior to a child joining Railway Kids Club.
- The Clifden Station House reserves the right to refuse access to Railway Kids Club for children when ill or unsettled, whose behaviour causes material damages, manifestly disturbs other children or normal functioning of activities, displays inappropriate behaviour, disrespect for rules or do not comply with team members recommendations.
- Due to safety and liability concerns Railway Kids Club staff will not be able to administer medication to children.